Child, Adolescent and Family Counseling
Parenting can sometimes become overwhelming and worrisome when our children are struggling at home and at school, especially if you have or are entering the adolescent years. I’m sure you have tried everything you know to help your child make changes and feel frustrated and saddened by the lack of consistent progress. I’ve been there, too! Parenting is hard, right? Well the good new is that you’ve come to the right place. I get your struggles and have likely been there before. Rest assured that with the necessary support and guidance through child, adolescent, or family therapy you and family can make the lasting changes everyone needs in order to thrive!
Therapy Can Help:
- Your child or adolescent feel better about themselves and their world
- Address worry and anxiety
- Address anger management, impulse control, and tantrums
- Teach new skills to manage ADHD
- Explore and treat depression
- Provide parents with helpful tools to use in the home
- Help the family to create a new plan and develop new skills
- Process and work through individual and family transitions
- Work through grief
- Give children and adolescents an outlet to discuss family, peer, and individual concerns
I like to use developmentally appropriate techniques to work with children or adolescents struggling with anxiety, depression, transitions through divorce, maladjustment, and more. Together we will identify the problems you wish to change and find the solutions that work for your family. Therapy sessions are made to be fun, we will be creative, playful, and positive while working on your therapy goals. My hope is that your child or adolescent will enjoy coming and that the whole family strive to play an active role in treatment. I use an integrative approach and will tailor the best treatment to your child’s individual style and needs.
I Commonly Draw From:
- Play Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness Training
- Family Therapy
For more information about therapy for your child, adolescent, or family, or to schedule an appointment fill out the contact box below. All new clients receive a free 15-minute phone consultation. Call or complete the contact box below to start your family in a new direction today!